Wednesday, August 13, 2008

a matter of perspective

There are two ways of looking at today:

1. The floor I had clean is now a mess. The laundry I worked on is multiplying. The toys and clothing I put away got pulled back out again. The neck that the chiropracter aligned is still throbbing. The bear I so carefully stitched up and combed out and washed, ripped back open, and got matted again. The face I carefully washed produced even more zits. (Yes. I am 29. Oh when will they go away?!?!?) The children I instructed did not listen. The discipline I administered did not get the message across. I got spit on at naptime. The cat also shared her saliva with me....

2. I read stories with one boy on each side, warm and snuggly. At least one child ate and enjoyed the leftovers I served for lunch. A child helped to clear off the table. Ian read his Bear each one of the books he is in, quietly and sweetly on the floor. He then carefully kissed and comforted his Bear, and tucked him in his "swimsuit" so he would be okay going for his "swim". Ian actually agreed that maybe Bear could stay home and go to school in Ian's "office" this year for preschool (!!!) While Caleb was not listening to instruction he surprised me by naming several of the states I didn't know he knew... I am an incredibly blessed woman to have these two healthy happy fun boys to spend my days with. And... grandpa is coming to visit today.

1 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger mhutsell said...

Isn;t that what life as a mom is all about...balancing the extreme perspectives? So hard and so great all in a glimpse. I can appreciate ALL of what you said...especially the part about zits. If someone had told me as a teenager I'd still have zits at 37 I'd have never gotten out of bed. My only hope then was how as an adult I'd have perfect skin...haha. Oh well...in heaven I will have perfect skin. Glad vacation was so fun...sorry your neck is paying the price. Love, M.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home