Tuesday, June 10, 2008

unbelievable

Sometimes, even I can't believe the things that go on in my house. I just now was putting the boys down to nap. Caleb visited the "throne" and he tends to take a while, even longer if I sit with him. So, I was coming in and out putting away some laundry. I went to hang a shirt in my closet when I hear a mild crashing noise and a splatter. Caleb starts crying, "oh no oh no I spilled it!" Yes, somehow he knocked over his potty chair and poop and pee went flying across the bathroom floor. Of course this took a while getting cleaned up, and he felt that he wasn't finished, so he went to the toilet while I was cleaning the potty chair. I had just gotten everything cleaned up, and took my yucky cleaning rag back into the bedroom to deposit in the basket of dirty laundry. This time, I hear a loud ping noise, followed by a large crash with the clink of breaking things hitting the floor, followed by screaming. I race back in to find that our large framed map of the Outer Banks has been pulled from the wall. Of course my first concern is Caleb - this is definitely big enough to seriously hurt a child. It's quickly apparent that he is crying mainly out of sadness over what he has done, and just a little because it did bump his knee. We had glued shells we collected on the shore while visiting the Outer Banks all around this frame, and several of them were knocked off and broken. I'm sure that the whole thing started because Caleb loves to see those shells and was probably trying to get them closer so he could look at them more easily. He was just horrified and pointing out to me the broken shells scattering the floor around him. I could tell he felt terrible. Then I look up to see that the frame has busted a hole in the wall behind Caleb. As I am gathering up the shells I also notice that the thing came directly down on the toilet paper holder, which has also been busted from the wall. The ping noise must have been from the wire on the back of the frame snapping in half. I'm not happy about the state of my bathroom, but I am very thankful that he wasn't more seriously hurt! I think the wall and the toilet paper holder took the weight so he didn't have to. (Try to remember that Matt when I'm having you repair them. :-) Love you honey!) It took me a while to get the little guy calmed down and once he was in bed he went to sleep much quicker than usual. I have noticed that trend whenever they've experienced something they consider traumatic. Poor guy. May have to find a new location to re-hang the picture. I hope that my little guy is still willing to use that bathroom!

1 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! That sounds crazy! I'm glad Caleb wasn't hurt! -Kelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home