Saturday, October 11, 2008

Go Bucks!

Okay, so it wasn't that exciting of a game, except that I was there! Thanks Nana, Mac, and Mom and Dad McElheny. We had a fun time. It was my first time to be in Horseshoe Stadium and of course I absolutely loved seeing the band. It brought back a lot of fun memories for me, a former "band nerd". Five years of marching band - clarinet in case you're wondering - senior year as a field commander. It means something special to see the show when you know how hard that band has worked! They really are the best... in the land!

The football was good too. :-) And the overpriced hot dogs and nachos as well, of course.

So far Ian has done well with the new clock method of keeping some kind of a reasonable wake up time. He usually is up with lights on to use the potty before 7, and therefore I am up for the day (light sleeper). But he goes back in his bed until 7 then. Caleb doesn't get it. He knows he is supposed to wait until Ian says it's okay, but so far that hasn't translated from knowledge to action. Plus he has to go potty before 7 as well, and still needs my help with that. I don't think that it's actually going to work - at least not in training them to sleep any longer than they normally do. But maybe it will establish a better boundary about when they can come in anyway. I'll keep working on it. I am still dreading the time change. Again, other ideas are welcome.

Well, that's it for now - Go Bucks!

1 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was delighted to hear that both boys slept much later, after their new Grandma quilts were put on their beds (from the joint birthday party). Maybe they've been getting just cold enough to keep them awake. Love, Grandma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home