Wednesday, March 26, 2008

words from the past

It's easy for me to forget that my Grandmother once was a young mom of two energetic boys (two girls were later to follow, after my Grandfather returned from war). A while back my aunt found this note, presumably written to my Grandfather when they had the two small boys, my uncles Dave and Steve.

"My boys." - Yes it is OK if you call them mine when they are bad, but only to me. Please don't forget that a lot of so-called "badness" is overwhelming energy and overweening curiosity. But then I don't need to tell you. I'm just remembering that when you are tired and busy it is so easy to be short and impatient and tykes don't understand the sudden reprimands and simply become rebellious and adamant to cover hurt confusion.



1 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had forgotten about that note from Mom; thanks for the reminder! You are right. After all she went through in her last years, it's easy for me to forget she was once a sensitive, insightful mother. History does repeat itself, doesn't it, daughter?
Love your comments! -Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home