Thursday, March 06, 2008

thankful

I posted that last post unfinished because where it left off leads into saying that Ian is doing soooo much better and this is an answer to prayer! He's gone from 1-2 hours every day and intense frustration about it, to only a few minutes a week of any urgency. And when it does happen, we both are dealing with it much more calmly. Also I think you could see a bit of the "mommy guilt" coming through and I know that most other moms I know deal with that at times.

We went to a parenting conference a couple weekends ago. It was excellent. It was put on by the National Center for Biblical Parenting and they have some awesome resources that I'm going through right now. I was so thankful that my husband gave up his Saturday to come with me and was so ready to learn along with me. For an at home mom to have an all day Saturday event is really something to look forward to, but for someone who is away from home each weekday for so many hours I know he really treasures his Saturdays! Anyway perhaps I will go into more specifics later but it was pretty much just what we needed.

Matthew was asked to speak in our church's contemporary service this past weekend for 8-10 minutes. There were three other men who spoke before him. It was just a testimony about what God has been doing in his life, past and present. He didn't share with me any of what he was going to say before he went up there, and none of it was news to me, but he still completely impressed me! There is nothing quite like seeing your husband stand in front of a crowd of people and share from his heart - being transparent, letting God move in the hearts of others by what he shares. My husband is most comfortable at home. As I said he treasures that time - I guess deep down we both are introverts. So it's not often I feel like the rest of the world gets a taste of how wonderful he really is. I see it all the time, but when he was finished speaking I felt like hopping up and shouting, "That's my man!" I didn't, of course, but the thought did run through my head. :-)

Now I have a boy awake, and another who probably ought to be, so I will wrap this up. Will try to post some pictures soon. Esp. before and afters of the basement!!

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...I LOVE when you blog. I am trying to wrap my brain around two things in your blog...1. actually finishing a project. Must be wonderful. And 2. how crazy I would feel dealing with a child with frequency issues. I am so glad he is improving and that you are too! ;) Thank you also for the keen and wonderfully wise insight into your man which is wisdom for us all! Way to go Matt for being brave enough to share. Wish we had been there! Miss you guys, M.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger ftmomma said...

M, Miss you too! I also love when you blog. I check almost every day (not into the whole RSS feed thing. I like seeing the different designs) even if I rarely comment! Thanks for the encouragement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home