Sunday, January 20, 2008

still kickin

I'm actually going to blog. Can you believe it? Here's how far back my blog-thoughts go:

Ian and I were writing thank you notes at the table just before Christmas. He and Caleb got to talking about Santa, and about all the things they wanted for Christmas and how they would leave him cookies, etc. etc. Wanting to redirect a little, I asked them if they could think of something we could do for Jesus for his birthday. Ian said, "oooh we should make him a card!"

The outside of the card said Happy Birthday Jesus, and was covered with Christmas stickers. For the inside, I asked Ian what he wanted me to write and this was his response: "Dear Jesus, I love how you take care of me day and night and I love how you stay with me every day close to my side. Happy Birthday!" Love, Ian (signed it on his own). This melted my heart thoroughly, but then he said he wanted to make a card for Mary and Joseph as well. I said we could just add it to Jesus' card and He would share it with Mary and Joseph. So, he asked me to write: "Dear Mary and Joseph, I love how your baby takes care of me night and day, and I love you."

Our latest favorite mispronunciation of Caleb's: "Jophess". The discussion is as follows:
"Caleb, who is in the manger?"
"Jesus!"
"and who else?"
"Mary!"
"and who else?"
(big smile) "Jophess!"

I could eat him for breakfast. :-)
Speaking of breakfast, we had one of my favorite "dinners" tonight: blueberry buttermilk pancakes, omelettes, sausage, and o.j.. I am a major pancake fan. These had part cornmeal, sour cream substituted (with milk) for the buttermilk, lemon juice, and fresh blueberries. Yum. The omelettes had sauteed shrooms and onions and sharp cheddar. Maybe this seems weird that I'm blogging about what we ate for dinner? I am currently watching my favorite channel, the Food Network. Maybe that has something to do with it. I think posts about food might need to happen more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home