Friday, August 25, 2006

the eternal run on sentence... Ian

Ian quote:

"One day I woke up at grandma and grandpa's house, and grandma took me to the potty and I made pee and poop in the potty and then I came out to the kitchen to see grandpa and I said 'Grandpa I made poop in the potty' and Grandpa said 'you did? I'm so proud of you!" So Grandpa gave me an ice cream cone and I said, 'Can we go out on the porch and eat it?' And Grandpa said 'yes we can. Sure we can!' and so we did and that's what happened at Grandma and Grandpa's house"

I just have to say this quote is notable mainly because it has no mention of Grandpa's tractor.

Progress report: In response to things that we've realized through our TV fast, Matt and I have instituted an ongoing "non-electronic" couples night at home once a week. We decided this last week and it has yet to happen, because his work responsiblities have yet to let up enough to allow it. The plan is good though. We hope that this will give us the time to connect and head off family problems before they become problems. We aren't really missing our TV at all.

Ian has apparently decided as of today, that it's once again okay to use the potty at home as well as elsewhere. (He was on a hiatus for a couple of weeks.) Thank God for the SpongeBob Squarepants travel potty seat.

Caleb is determined to walk... spending lots of time pulling us around with his hands over his head holding our fingers. Today he waved hi at his daddy when he got home from work. We try not to comment too much on his adorable curly blonde hair for fear it will make Ian jealous of all that attention but we can't stop everyone else commenting on it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home