Saturday, February 06, 2010

oh all right

I'll just blog it. As if anyone ever sees this anymore... seeing as my blog fell asleep there for (quite) a while. But I have been sending some stories out this morning for a certain loved one who is feeling under the weather, so it's the easy transition back into keeping up with this blog - copy and paste. :-)

(Yesterday) I had a downright hilarious conversation with the boys over lunch. Ian asked me how many more days it would be until he could see the baby. I said, about 150. He looked shocked and said, "what? I thought we were going to get to see the baby and know if it was going to be a boy or girl sooner than that!" I realized he meant the ultrasound and told them that would be in about 20 days. He asked if we could make a countdown calendar for that and expressed again, as he often does, that he has a feeling he is going to get his way and get a baby sister. Then he said he wished we could just feel the baby through my belly and feel if there was a wee wee or not. I explained that even when the baby is really big inside me, that you won't be able to tell the body parts except maybe some of the big areas that have bone in them. He says, "but wee wees don't have bones in them do they? But they do have that hard stuff like sharks have in them right?" Okay, scientific question, scientific answer... "well no, not really. They do get hard sometimes but that is because of extra blood flow. They are unique that way aren't they?" "yeah. sometimes they get hard but they don't have bones. When I see skeletons I never see wee wee bones on them."

Mischevious smiles.

"That's true. Now put your pizza in your mouth."

:-)


>>>>>
Courtesy of grandma, we get a Ladybug magazine for the boys every month. They often include internet links for various stories, so yesterday with the snow burying us we got online and played around with several different things we hadn't taken the time to look at before. January's edition had a section about African drums in it.

We ended up here: http://www.ladybugmagkids.com/activities/games/play-drums
and then here:
http://www.pulsebeatmusic.com/index.html

If you go into the "media" section of that last link, you can see videos and listen to music. Well the boys and I were curled up on the couch listening, which is right in front of the sliding door and a good view of the yard. We were choosing which drum beats and tempos we thought went with the falling snow the best.

Turns out, we are at just the right combo of baby being able to hear certain things and react in utero, and the bones are hardening, so I can feel a lot more of those reactions. Baby likes the drum music!! The boys were tapping their own feet each with one hand on my tummy trying to feel what I was feeling - the littlest one tapping from the inside. So far Caleb is the only one who has actually felt some movement. Matt and Ian haven't yet had any luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home