Friday, April 17, 2009

clingy at 3 1/2

For some reason, Caleb has been suddenly struggling with separation anxiety. What??!! I don't remember him ever crying about being dropped off at church or preschool in his life. Suddenly both those things are issues, as well as me going out in the evening and leaving him with daddy, and even grandpa was given a hard time a couple of weeks ago! We even had a crying episode over me being in the basement doing laundry. What in the world? I'm not sure where this is coming from.

Although I haven't yet found myself annoyed about it. Mostly it is just sweet that he wants me! I don't want him to be sad though, so in that way I look forward to it getting better. As far as he knows I don't think it's cute. :-) I'm sure he picks up on more than I realize, but he's been told that he needs to be a big boy and not give people (teachers, daddy, etc.) a hard time. But I sure am taking the opportunity to give him some extra hugs and kisses. I just adore those chubby little arms around my neck.

I have found that it helps if Ian drops Caleb off in his preschool classroom rather than me. I give Little C hugs in the hallway and then they wrap their arms around each other and go on in to the room. Ian stays for a minute, gives hugs and kisses too, and then goes across the hall to his class. So sweet!

2 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger mhutsell said...

My boys went through this kind of thing all the way up to age 5. It seemed in Kindergarten...or even first grade, they finally made friends that they wanted to see and felt excited to spend time with. When we moved here Garrett have us a hard time and he was 6! I don't know why they cycle in and out of this stuff...but I agree...just fill their tank as full as you can with lovin!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I have gone through that with Marin and she just is growing out of it and she will be 5 in July. Its a hard thing to deal with when it continues so good luck with curbing it soon. :) Sounds like you have some really cutie boys, who love their Mama though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home