Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My Paycheck

One of the greatest joys of life for us right now is hearing our boys talk. Caleb at 11 weeks is just cooing and gurgling at us, but Matt and I both are often reduced to completely moronic behavior just to elicit one of his huge grins or noises.

Ian on the other hand shocks us every day with the concepts he understands and things he remembers. At just over 2 years old he is already singing Christmas songs, reciting most of his favorite books from memory, and asking questions such as, "Did you know Grandpa is married?" (this was closely followed by "I'm married to Uncle Nick" and "I'm married to Aunt Bekah") The other day I really got my payday as a stay at home mom. He'd had sort of a cranky morning and I was helping him get back into his chair at the breakfast table again when he turns to me and says, "Mama, I like that you listen to me. You're nice. You listen to me."

Other recent Ian quotes:
"you look handsome in those pants mama!"
(while drinking hot chocolate) "mmm, I can feel it in my tummy!" (followed by lifting up his shirt and rubbing his belly)
"I'm going to ride this armadillo to the beach mommy"
"I'm eating groceries"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home